About me

Music producer, (ex-)DJ, electronics tinkerer, Linux enthusiast and coder.

Oh, so now I'm a blogger


Since I pretty much write for a living these days, I never thought I'd find enough energy and time to start blogging, especially after I ended my Twitter life as too time-consuming, but here we are.

I noticed that I've written a huge collection of notes that, with some refining, might be useful to others as well, and writing helps me remember new stuff that I keep learning. I guess those are valid reasons to start blogging.

I'm not quite sure which subjects I'll concentrate on, so that remains to be seen. Right now I'm building some exciting things with Raspberry Pi and a few other single board computers, so those might provide something to write about. I'm also studying Ardour and OpenShot for music and video production in Linux-based operating systems (currently I'm running mostly Ubuntu MATE, which I can recommend for both beginners and professionals). I've grown to hate Windows with all its weirdness, slowness, security problems, privacy issues and whatnot, so I really don't want to rely on it anymore. That's not a problem these days, as free, open-source software is plentiful and mostly good enough – occasionally even better than their commercial alternatives.

So, welcome, random reader. I'll publish my first Linux- and cloud-related tutorial next.

P.S. If you wonder what "Maniacland" is, it's how I misread "Manicaland" when I first visited Zimbabwe, and the locals thought it was hilarious.

0 comments:

Post a Comment